Monday, March 19, 2007

Catching a Breath







It is funny how people tell you when you decide to start your own business about how time-consuming it will be, and you think somehow it won't be all that bad. The statement "ignorance is bliss" was created by some all-knowing being that the human race needed to be delusional if it were to take on all that we do! Honestly, I have never worked so hard in my life. But just as honestly, I am still having the time of my life. Thankfully the ignorance got me far down the path before I realized how much work starting your own business would really be, and now I wouldn't change it for the world. Better that I didn't know before I started or else . . .



This introduction was my excuse for not blogging in quite some time. As part of the great group of women who won the "Make Mine a Million" award, we are all asked to blog monthly and we try to show the competition's sponsors that we deserved that award by blogging about all our ventures as businesswomen and making our colleagues, family, friends and fellow entrepreneurs proud. It's just that there aren't enough hours in the day to do it all.

So here, trying to catch up on my blogging, and almost on the eve of our one year anniversary as a company, I am proud to say that so far, we have beaten many of the statistics of new businesses, and have not only survived, but flourished. Square One Organic Vodka is for sale in about 20 states and just named a distributor in Canada and continues to expand. We've added a marketing manager, a sales director and some other sales partnerships.
We've been fortunate enough to serve some delicious organic cocktails, using Square One and organic Numi tea, at such luminary events as Global Green USA's pre-Oscars party in Hollywood. I didn't get to go to the event as I was on the East Coast kicking off a new market, but some of my colleagues went and followed Salma Hayek, Leo DiCaprio, Orlando Bloom and Penelope Cruz around while they sipped our Rainforest Green-tea-nis. Check it out!
So let's face it, we are working hard, but we are having fun too. Thanks, I'll have another cocktail please!

No comments: